With its narrow, water-cutting bow section and clean hull shape, the Scapa is a boat that is designed for speed.
The look matches the feel in every way but still retains the excellent stability and added safety and comfort you expect from a BIC ‘Sit-On-Top’.With excellent speed, the Scapa is a true sport boat designed and built for fast cruising and physical conditioning. What’s more, it’s an excellent boat for learning sea kayaking. Even in difficult sea conditions, the Scapa holds its course thanks to its superb glide and reassuring stability. The molded baggage storage area behind the cockpit allows you to load up with diving tanks, as well as fishing or touring equipment.
- A high performance sea kayak designed for fitness and optimum long-distance paddling
- Narrow hull shape with fine profiled tips for high efficiency paddling
- Wide rear storage area with integral criss-cross elasticated straps for carrying maximum equipment
- Adjustable foot rests to suit all sizes of paddler and paddle positions
- Anti-slip bow, stern and lateral carry handles
- Ergonomic anti-slip seats
- Integral survival lines make getting back on board simple
- Watertight forward hatch included as standard for increased equipment storage space
- Tough TST thermoformed construction to ensure maximum usage in maximum safety
- 100% Made in France
- 100% recyclable at the end of its life to respect the environment
ref : 101223
- Razor-sharp bow and stern tips plus fluid hull design = great glide.
- Moderate width = great glide while retaining all the safety advantages of the Sit-On-Top concept.
- Auto-empty, elongated rear storage area design = ample space for transporting jerry cans, back-pack or any other item/s.
- Foam block inside the kayak and around the cockpit = improved rigidity around the cockpit area and of the whole kayak. This also makes the Scapa unsinkable.
- Removable, adjustable foot rests = improved paddle comfort.
- 20cm diameter forward watertight hatch = easy-access safe storage.
- Lateral cushioning pads in the cockpit and wide, anti-slip pad on the rear storage area = stylish finish and look.
Built-in adjustable foot rests
Much longer than our other boats, the three models in the PERFORMANCE series are aimed at a more sporty market, offering a wider range of paddling styles and options, but still easy to use. Joining the Scapa, which has already more than proved itself commercially, two new models bring the range bang up to date. The Java and Borneo models arrive with a fistfull of innovations.
|FRITSCH Associes.com & BIC Sport||14'5"||26"||50 lbs||1 adult||286 lbs|
BIC Sport’s exclusive Twin Sheet Technology (TST) thermoforms two Polyethylene sheets in an aluminum mold and is used to build our kayaks, the O’pen BIC and Dinghies. The deck and hull sections are formed and sealed together in one single operation, resulting in an incredibly durable boat with a highly refined finish. The joint line of the two sheets fuses together to become the most durable part of the boat. This process creates a product that is extremely solid with an exceptionally smooth, UV-resistant finish.