Inspired by the legendary Tobago, a best seller for 10 years now, the new Borneo is a brand new family oriented double Sit-On-Top, with a number of innovative features, notably the possibility of solo use in equal paddling comfort to double.
Its innovative shape and generous dimensions give it great glide whilst retaining reassuringly comfortable stability. It's also got a large rear section including a big flat storage area.
There's innovation in the equipment and fittings too, like the integral wheels/ rollers for easy transportation. And there's a moulded deck insert for storing the wheels/rollers while sailing. Clearly a future benchmark boat in its category.
ref : 100093
- Versatile kayak, can easily carry a solo paddler (central seat), or 2 paddlers with a child passenger on the centre seat
- Ultra-stable THD hull design (similar to a tri-maran) with very fluid shape delivering excellent glide
- Rear storage area with integral elasticated straps for carrying equipment
- 3 x triple-level moulded foot rests to suit all sizes of paddler
- Cockpit fitted with anti-slip pads for extra paddle comfort, and protection when carried on vehicle roof bars
- Integral rollers for easy solo transportation, removable to optimise paddling and water speed
- Anti-slip bow and stern carry handles
- Ergonomic anti-slip seats
- Integral survival lines make getting back on board simple
- Replaceable, removable rear protector and forward stem reinforcements help extend the life of the kayak
- Tough TST thermoformed construction to ensure maximum usage in maximum safety
- 100% Made in France
- 100% recyclable at the end of its life to respect the environment
Much longer than our other boats, the two models in the PERFORMANCE series are aimed at a more sporty market, offering a wider range of paddling styles and options, but still easy to use. Joining the Scapa and the Borneo, the new Java model arrives with a fistful of innovations.
1. Mono-paddle seating configuration
2. Duo-paddle seating configuration
3. Storage space with integral elasticated straps
4. Wheel storage hatch
5. Foot rest
6. Rear bumper
Land use configuration
Wheels mounted on their axle
Water use configuration
Wheels stowed in their storage hatch
|JMC-Design||13'5"||33.1''||75 lbs||2 adults + 1 child||550 lbs|
BIC Sport’s exclusive Twin Sheet Technology (TST) thermoforms two Polyethylene sheets in an aluminum mold and is used to build our kayaks, the O’pen BIC and Dinghies. The deck and hull sections are formed and sealed together in one single operation, resulting in an incredibly durable boat with a highly refined finish. The joint line of the two sheets fuses together to become the most durable part of the boat. This process creates a product that is extremely solid with an exceptionally smooth, UV-resistant finish.